What Did You Say? is the book author Monique Hammond wishes she had when she was coping with and trying to understand her own sudden hearing loss.
Weaving together her story with a wealth of information—causes of and types of hearing loss, audiology tests, hearing instruments and listening devices, support groups and organizations, resources and checklists, to name a few— Hammond’s wisdom and insight is invaluable, and her story is one that needs to be shared.
The second edition provides its readers with:
• Noise-induced hearing loss research news
• Expanded Assistive Listening Device (ALD) and Hearing Loop information
• Aural Rehabilitation for hearing aid and implant clients
• News on implantable hearing devices (including cochlear, bone-conduction and others)
• Over 50 new diagrams, pictures, charts and graphs
What Did You Say? provides readers with the information to understand their conditions, be involved with their care, persevere, and become their own patient advocates.
American Tinnitus Association
HLAA - Hearing Loss Association of America
International Hearing Foundation
“A terrific academic job putting together the problem of hearing loss as it can affect lives in a very serious and personal manner.”
– Michael M. Paparella, M.D., President of the Paparella Ear, Head & Neck Institute, Professor & Chairman Emeritus – Department of Otolaryngology University of Minnesota
– Founder of the International Hearing Foundation (IHF)
“Sharing your experiences and expertise with others is such a gift… turning adversity into an amazing life and learning experience.”
– S.S., Communications Consultant
“The book is very interesting and powerful in how it conveys the disability associated with losing a sense we usually take for granted…”
– G.K., MD